Friday, August 26, 2011

FAMILY wooden blocks

I've got a table in my entry way that I love to decorate for different holidays, but I've come to realize that I needed something generic to display when there wasn't a major holiday close by.  This year I had my Easter decorations up until the 4th of July just because I had nothing else to put up, so this is what I've been working on:  Some wooden blocks that spell out FAMILY.
The blockes are 3" square.  First I sanded down all the blocks and painted the edges black.  Then I used mod podge to adhere different patterened black and white paper to each side.  Once that was all dry I attached the letters using mod podge as well.  The letters were just cut out of paper on a cricut machine which was lots cheaper that using vinyl and they turned out great.

Now I've got something to display on my table other than patriotic decor until Halloween comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment